" Everything I learned, I learned from movies " - Audrey Hepburn
This quote resonates with me on so many levels. As a movie fanatic, it's true, I did grow up in the movies. I was and remain to this day, a hopeless romantic. Titanic, The Notebook, Dirty Dancing, The Holiday are all movies that gave me hope for love and I still want to curl up with one of those classics on a Saturday night with a nice glass of wine. However, it was The Wedding Planner that I admired on such a deep level. Not only was Jennifer Lopez absolutely fabulous as Mary, the planner, but her character opened my eyes to the world of weddings and every detail surrounding the special union between two people. I instantly knew I was destined to be a part of that moment.
" I can't recommend this wonderful lady enough, everyone getting married needs Deborah in their lives. " - Melissa & Wesley (2016)
After working in events throughout my academic years in Public Relations, I knew my next step was to find my place in the wedding niche. When I began planning weddings in 2013. I knew that I wanted to create a special connection with every couple I worked with. The attention to detail is something I foster passionately when planning each and every single wedding I am honoured to be a part of. I am keenly aware of the importance of every little moment and strive to ensure that everything is planned and executed perfectly. I can offer a unique perspective to any kind of vision.
A few fun facts...
- I am the mama to the sweetest little boy, Noah, and a cheeky golden retriever, Leo. They may or may not be named after favourite movie characters and actors. Who's to say?
- I have a serious case of wanderlust. I am always looking for the next trip on the horizon. I am currently obsessed with Europe and have been to London and Paris far too many times - although, is there really such a thing? Next? Scotland.
- I'm a huge Harry Potter fanatic. Movies, books, play, concert - I've read and seen them all! I even designed my sons nursery to be Harry Potter themed. There's no limit to my love of the wizarding world!
- Truth: I'm the extreme opposite of the Grinch. I could not be more in love with Christmas time. We got engaged during Christmas, we love visiting NYC during Christmas and I put up my tree far earlier than I care to admit.
- My hubby and I were married back in January 2017. We had a lovely winter wedding at Millstreet Brew Pub, I wore a pink dress, his favourite soccer team won that day and we danced all night long. It's pretty up there in terms of best days ever.